Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Ok crabby lady...."

Although we haven't been blogging regularly..I hope that you still find our blog a bit amusing and interesting! We both are a bit busy..and after a few days, we forget sometimes!
On with the show! Continuing with Sydney, the wonderful!
Alex and I both said when we got back to Brisbane, how awesome of a time we had in Sydney. You know, it was one of those times where when you are in it, you think it's good but don't think it's incredible. Then, when you look back on it, it's like.."MAN, that was a good time!" It's a bit like traveling in general...you think about it later and remember all of the awesomeness that it had within it!
On our third night in Sydney..we thought it was hilarious all of the stuff happening to us in Sydney. With the commercials...some crazy lady literally yelling in my face as we walked by her, and the ginormous corn, we were ready for more of the adventure. Bring it on Sydney!!! Wednesday, I decided to head to Hunter Valley, home of a multitude of vineyards..and Alex hung out in the city, catching some ferries to various locations, and paying 20 bucks to get into the olympic grounds, when...he wasn't able to get a tour of any of the attractions! pffft. Damn you Sydney! I had a good wine tour...it was awesome, and when I came back to the city, Darryl and Alex (Darryl is Alex's friend from England who he met at home working at Stanhope Beach Resort last summer) had us all set to head to a comedy show. Perfection!!! Who doesn't love comedy!??
So we set out to the show. Amazingness started to happen from the beginning. We had a bite to eat, took our seats, got some beverages, and awaited the hilarity that was to follow.
Now, on a side note, Alex and I had seen this guy named Adam Hills up in Cairns and he was good, so we were on a bit of a comedy roll. If you look up Adam Hills, he's pretty good! He made our Cairns trip a bit sweeter as well!
Soooo at this show, there was a host and four acts. Hosts, as you know, are usually comedians themselves, and this host was awesome! Sometimes you get crappy ones where you're just like, "Get on with the show lame ass!" but this guys was awesome.
One of the first questions, "where is everyone from?" some girl shouted out "Canada" and then...the ball just kept rolling.
After his conversation with her, he asked who else was from Canada, Alex and I shouted, and the host started talking to us. He asked what part we were from (the others had been from Toronto...surprised??) and we said..PEI. Now, if you've ever traveled, you know that when people ask where you are from they know either a)Toronto b) Montreal or c) Vancouver. Does anyone know East of Montreal???? NO! Sooo we say "Prince Edward Island" and he says "OHHH Vancouver Island!" and then starts making a joke, then he comes back to us, and Alex says "No Prince Edward Island" and he doesn't hear at all and then does another joke, and then he comes back a third time...and I shouted loud "PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND" and he didn't hear, so I did it AGAIN "PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND" and he says "Ok, crabby lady...Prince Edward Island...geez!!" andddd soooo....I was forever known as the crabby lady...I believe it's the furthest thing from my actual personality, but hey, the host says your crabby..so your crabby. Instead of get upset, I laughed, got another beverage, and got settled in for a night to remember.
From the beginning the acts were amazing. None were lame..which sometimes you expect. The best deal in town this night was! Fifteen bucks for four wonderful performances! Better yet, the headliner was Alonzo Bladell?? is that his name? I forget. Andddd sooo, being North American (US) we found him funnier I think...mainly, because he found all the same things that we did when we were in Sydney! I kidd you not, he talked about the commercial of the two old people and the "when we go" thing (check blog below if you have no idea what I'm talking about)! Alex and I were like, oh my god! Also, he talked a lot about the security differences..and Alex and I were like, YES, this is exactly waht we're saying! It was just awesome!
Several beverages, sore ab muscles, and a hundred pictures later, we were at the hotel. Now..after an evening like that, with all the laughter, you need some food. Since we all missed China Garden...so we decided to get some Chinese! I decided to all my mother..because..well...it was OBVIOUSLY the perfect time to do so! After my monologue phone call..we left for the restaurant. Most of you know the rest of the story, but it was the Gaga evening! This night was amazing!
We head to the restaurant, order some food...and as it's coming, we see this figure appear with several bodyguards and a three person posse. She looked like Lady Gaga, weird, crazy, and out of control, and we all doubted it at first except Alex. Finally as she was literally two inches from our table, we were like..holy crap! that's her! Yellow (sun yellow) hair, massive glasses, fishnets and an animal print bathing suit thing with massive shoulder pads...this little number was definitely THE Lady Gaga! It was nuts..and I wanted to go tell her I loved her, but the boys didn't let me. Still a bit sour about that one..you only live once! Butttt it's all good.
The food was disgusting, and it may have given Darryl a parasite...literally, his was chicken with no bone taken out, but chopped..so there was bone in it an everything....sick!
As we were exhausted, we crashed. Such an eventful day..and sooo many amazing things happened! Lovely!
The next day, I awoke with a mystery bite (Alex??) and a little bit of a headache. I was pretty exhausted from all that we had done on the trip..but Alex and I set out, only to return a few hours later to nap. We went to meet Darryl again for a beverage, since it was our last night in Sydney..however, this ended in us saying karaoke was a good idea, and we tried to find a karaoke bar. Unsuccessful at first, we stopped at a hostel bar for a beverage and then went around the corner to a very dead street. We thought it was no use, when we decided to just stop at another place for a drink. BINGO. We had found a karaoke bar! Darryl and I almost peed ourselves with excitement (I think I did a little!) and Alex just went along with it. Thanks Alex! (I owe him my life for putting up with me for these past two months! poor bloke!). The place was one with separate karaoke rooms..so we grabbed one, and had some fun!
Now...Darryl is amazing! He didn't want to waste time so he had a system set out "Ok, while I'm singing, you look up your song" After I couldn't find a song the first round, he got a bit frustrated and just picked a few for himself. hahaha, sooo funny!
We soon got into a groove..and I mean a GROOOOOVE! And we were both singing show tunes, some Lady Gaga, as a tribute to the night before...and a few.....ahem...."Darryl songs" that he wanted to sing..but we didn't know them at all! This night was just a riot!!!
After a stop at Macca's (what they call micky d's) we were on our way back to the hotel. A little deja vu for us from the night before!!!
Since Alex and my flight's were super early in the a.m. we crashed just a few hours before we needed to wake up. The plane ride was a mix of sleep for Alex, daydreaming for me, and longing for our "own" beds back at the place we are staying.
We had initially booked a night down at the Gold Coast, but we were absolutely exhausted from our week, so we just went home...I crawled into bed...napped..and Alex, being the machine he was, headed off into town to run some errands.
Easter Break, complete. Full of amazing, weird, scary, hilarious, and memorable times. Could it have been better??? Perhaps!! But, could it have been as memorable? Definitely not!

peace and love everyone!
Stay tuned for a bit more on our last week at Ashgrove *tear*

Amers

1 comment:

  1. Wow Amers. You write the same as you talk -

    without taking a breath ! I'm worn out just

    READING what you are up to !

    ReplyDelete