Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Infamous Trip From C-dot to B-dot

Holla peeps! Sooo it's been a fun-filled day...well...at times fun filled. Alex and I took off early this morning..6am to be exact, on a little plane which took us to Montreal. Alex sat beside a prominent business owner in C-Town, and I sat with...well...a lady of MANY words and opinions...gotta love small planes for that! There was no escape...I looked one way, and there was the aisle, and the other, well...was the lady! So I put up with it, the good citizen that I am...and thanked god when we landed 20 min. earlier than planned!
Montreal!!! Gotta love US customs...line ups weren't too bad, but bad enough. We basically just got to our gate in time to pee (for me) and get a bite to eat (for Alex) when we were asked board. I was waiting for Alex to get back to our seat when, say WHAT!!??? Jake Gyllenhal?? Alex comes up to me and says, "geez, sorry, this guy was walking really slow." I was like...um...that's Jake! (yes, we're on a first name bases). And so...Jake boards our plane! And not only did he board the plane, but we sat two rows away from him! Ohhh ladies, let me tell you...he's smaller than I thought he would be (not really small or anything, just smaller than I thought) but man, is he ever SMOKIN! Ladiesss...let me tell you!!! And Air Canada...props to you for making our meeting occur..
Moving on! Flight from Montreal to L.A. was a mix between the bathroom (it's a 6 hour flight), some mildly amusing comedy, a movie or two, and, well, endless stares at Jake....*sigh...I even caught Alex looking once or twice...he's THAT enticing!
Once Landed in L.A. we went to gather our checked bags to take them to Air Qantas. But first, what's a trip to L.A. without seeing a huge pair of "paid for" breasts! And I mean....huge. The perfect thing to get rid of all of my stereotypes about L.A.!! Oh...wait....nope, no, it did the opposite.
Alex and I then did the roundabout to try and find our terminal for Brisbane, only to find that we couldn't check in until 2:30pm (it was 11:30 when we landed) sooo we had some time to kill! Landing at Micky D's, Alex opted for the ol' McNugget meal, I opted for a southwest salad..not too shabby for Ol' Micster McD'! As we sat and chilled in the second terminal...discussing various topics, just hoping for our time to pass...we finally realized it was 2:07pm, time to check in!!
We arrived at the Air Qantas counter..where we waited for about 20 minutes for three people to go ahead of us...and when I got there...I knew why we waited so long. This lady must have had a bad piece of sausage that morning, cause she left me with a bad taste in MY mouth! She tells me, not nicely, that "the person who set your visa up did it completely wrong!!!! And now, I have to call Australia!!! You should be very very appreciative right now!!"
ahem..
Excuse meeee lady mcgee!!! That's right, I called you LADY MCGEE!!! Who are you, and why do you think you have the RIGHT to tell ME to be appreciative of YOU! Maybe...just MAYBE some people are appreciative right off the bat, and you don't have to tell them to be...but you wouldn't know that, because YOU DON'T KNOW ME! So, I made a mistake...I'm sure it happens a lot...and no matter how many times it happens or does not happen, please don't tell me ever to be gracious...because..ya see...when you tell me to be gracious, I just don't wanna be!! See how that works people?? And lady, by the way...I'm from this little place called PEI, and no one, I know this for a fact, would EVER speak to me the way you just did...and no, you aren't better than me....so wipe the disgusted look off your face right now cause God forbid you had to pick up the phone and call someone! Sorry that I made you do your job for once.
Phew...I needed that! Sorry folks, but I do NOT take well to that kind of belittling behavior. Of course, you all know me, I said nothing of what I was thinking!! I smiled politely, as a true Canadian does, and said, "I'm really sorry! Thank you so much for that" Pffft.
Sooo now we await the last part of our journey...we've been waiting for five hours, and have seven left here at LAX. So what's in store for us next? Who knows!!! The first leg of our journey has been so eventful!
Stay tuned for more from Alex and Amy!
peace and love everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I just KNEW this blog would be entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky friggers, on a plane with Jaaaaake! *dreamy eyes* Sounds like it's already good times with the Aussie crew; can't wait to read more adventures...like Alex's first meeting with a shark...?! =D I'm following you so I can stalk and/or creep your practicum.

    Alanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to hear your take on the the flights! When Alex told me the Qantas lady was rude, I never imagined she was THAT rude.

    I hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete